Excuses are Big, Fat Lies

Yep, I said it.

And, when you make them, you're letting lies control your decisions.

Think about this, for instance:
I tell you that, if you run 5 miles, I will give you a million dollars.

And, then, you run the five miles and I have no money to give you. So, basically, you just got sweaty and may have had a near death experience (Oh, not you? Well, if I run five miles, have an ambulance on standby. Just sayin'.), but there's no payout. And you let MY LIE sway your decision about whether or not to hit the pavement. Get me?

So, this might be more tangible:
I get up at 5:30 a.m. and tell myself I'm "too tired" or "too sore" or have "more important things to do" and I choose not to work out.

Too tired: EXCUSE
Too sore: EXCUSE
More important things to do: EXCUSE

Decision: No workout

Another one you may be able to relate to:
I'm going out to dinner with friends. The menu is "too tempting" or it's "too hard to eat healthy" or "my friends will judge me" and I choose to bomb my nutrition.

Too tempting: EXCUSE
Too hard: EXCUSE
Fear of judgement: EXCUSE

Decision: Back pedal on this week's hard work

Alright, if I'm not speaking your language, yet, either you or I need to pick up a copy of Rosetta Stone, because here's the nitty gritty. YOUR BS IS CALLING THE SHOTS. Mmkay?


We all have excuses.
We all have obstacles.
We all have LIVES.

But, you're better than letting limiting beliefs, negative self talk, and fear of failure DRIVE your bus, sister.

Not you.
Not today.
Not anymore.

Be FEARLESS in pursuit of what sets your soul on fire.
Otherwise, you're just here.
Don't take up space, girl. LIVE.

Comments

Popular Posts